2023 Connemara Bird Walk Schedule
Birders of all skill levels are welcome to our guided bird walks at the Meadow Preserve.
Walks begin inside the south meadow gate (Bass Drive): Please drive into The Meadow at the South Gate behind the intersection of Bass Dr. and Roberta Dr. in Plano, and park in the grass lot.
A variety of birding habitats will be explored and an excellent cross-section of North Texas bird species can be counted.
The results of this monthly survey will be logged to the eBird database to assist researchers and birders worldwide.
– There is no fee.
– Wear closed-toe shoes, long pants, long sleeves, and a hat.
– Bring a full bottle of water.
– Check and prepare for any weather. We typically don’t cancel due to weather.
– Enjoy roughing it. There is a clean portable toilet halfway through the route.
– To preserve wildlife and habitat, please respect the animals and plants at all times.
– We ask visitors to Leave No Trace.
Bird Walks are scheduled for the following dates in 2023:
Sunday, January 1st 7:30am
Sunday, February 5th 7:30am
Sunday, March 5th 7:30am
Saturday, April 1st 7:30am
Sunday, May 7th 7:30am
Saturday, June 3rd 7:30am
Sunday, July 2nd 7:30am
Saturday, August 5th 7:30am
Sunday, September 3rd 7:30am
Saturday, October 7th 7:30am
Sunday, November 5th 7:30am
Saturday, December 2nd 7:30am