Bird Walks Return To The Meadow
August 9, 2021
Birders of all skill levels are welcome to our guided bird walks at the Meadow Preserve.
Sunday, Sept. 5
Saturday, Oct. 2
Sunday, Nov. 7
Saturday, Dec. 4
Please drive into The Meadow at the South Gate behind the intersection of Bass Dr. and Roberta Dr. in Plano, and park on the grass lot.
A variety of birding habitats will be explored and an excellent cross-section of North Texas bird species can be counted.
The results of this monthly survey will be logged to the eBird database to assist researchers and birders worldwide.
- There is no fee.
- Wear closed-toe shoes, long pants, long sleeves, and a hat.
- Bring a full bottle of water per person.
- Check and prepare for any weather. We typically do not cancel due to weather.
- Enjoy roughing it. There is a clean portable toilet about halfway through the route.
- Respect wildlife. To preserve wildlife and habitat, please respect the animals and plants at all times.
- We ask visitors to Leave No Trace. Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but memories.