The Connemara Meadow Nature Preserve is on the border of Allen and Plano just to the east of Alma Drive, north of Hedgcoxe Drive, and just south of Bethany Drive.
Directions: From Highway 75
- Exit Bethany Drive and go west approximately 1 mile.
- Turn left (south) onto Alma Drive.
- Turn left through the open gate with the sign Connemara Meadow Nature Preserve. (If you reach Suncreek Park, or Hedgcoxe and Tom Thumb, you have gone too far.)
If you want to look it up on Google, iPad or iPhone, or GPS, the best way is to enter “Connemara Meadow Nature Preserve” or use the street address: 300 Tatum Rd, Allen, TX. The Meadow Nature Preserve Entrance and Parking are directly across the street (Alma) from this address.
- The parking lot at the main entrance at Alma, south of Bethany Drive in Allen (across from Tatum Road).
- Parallel parking is available on the right side of this drive as you enter. You may also park perpendicularly in the small grass parking area.
- Please park ONLY in the Alma entrance parking lot. DO NOT drive on any of the other roads. They are private property.
Suncreek Park Access
Public access is also available to the Connemara Meadow Nature Preserve via trails from Suncreek Park (both Allen and Plano sides of Suncreek Park). See map.
Roughly mowed, not paved, surrounded by tall grasses most of the year.
A port-o-let is available on site.
Dawn to dusk.
Ages / Pets
All ages welcome. Dogs must be kept on leash and you must pick up after your dog and dispose of waste properly.
What to wear
Long pants, closed-toe shoes, bug spray, sunscreen or hat in all seasons.
On Work Days
Sturdy shoes, bug spray, hat, layered clothing, long pants, long-sleeved shirt.
No bikes or motorized vehicles, please.
There is a gentle increase in elevation from the lower meadow to the upper meadow (582 to 630 feet).